Diagnostics and electro-acoustic hearing correction
- Consultation of an audiologist-otorhinolaryngologist, auditory passport, tonal audiometry, impedansometry.
- Consultation of an audiologist-prosthetist, determination of indications for auditory prosthetics, selection of a hearing aid, adjustment of the hearing aid, training on adaptation to the hearing aid, selection of an individual ear mold.
The Hearing Rehabilitation Center has been well known for decades. The Center employs advanced practice professionals, with long experience in audiology with hearing aids manufactured in Russia, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, who have repeatedly undergone training in foreign clinics.
Basic examination methods:
- Tonal threshold audiometry.
- Superthreshold audiometry.
- Speech audiometry.
Tonal threshold audiometry is performed using audiometers. The conditions necessary for audiometry require a special soundproofed room, ambient noise may affect the test results. Superthreshold audiometry tests are widely used
- Acoustic reflexometry.
- Otopharyngeal tube function.
To study the function of the middle ear, acoustic impedansometry is used, including tympanometry and acoustic reflexometry. Tympanometry enables to diagnose any disorders in sound conduction: external otitis, adhesive otitis, exudative otitis, otosclerosis, etc. Acoustic reflexometry reveals the activity of the superior olive complex of the brain. Before the examination, it is necessary to conduct an otoscopy and, if necessary, a cleaning of the external auditory canal.
- Otoscopy with image printing.
- Video recording with disc recording option.
Using the MacroView digital videootoscope (USA), it is possible to demonstrate the patient an eardrum image and print data. Enlarged and detailed image of the eardrum and auditory ossicles for accurate diagnosis. The possibility of follow-up observation during treatment. The ability to control the results of treatment including surgical interventions, providing documentary evidence of the existing pathology or normal condition for solving expert issues.